I apologize! I have been meaning to update my blog for about 2 weeks, but then get intimidated about the amount of pictures I need to upload and then avoid it. Then, like my laundry, it builds up until I can’t take it any longer—so here I am!
How was our October? Too many trips to the doctor! I mentioned last time that PC would need a roto-root on her tear ducts. It was done and her eyes look amazing! We can’t believe it! I look back at all of her pictures and you can see the irritation in her eye lids from constantly tearing up and her constantly rubbing them. It was a quick 15 min procedure and she was a champ. The day of she was a little sleepy, but the next day, she was good as new.
IC had her left arm in a cast for three weeks. A daycare friend wanted IC to go one direction and IC either wanted to stay put or wanted to go in a different direction. Whatever happened, it pulled her elbow joint out and had what is referred to as a “nursemaid elbow”. It is pretty common in kids. Moms and Dads, have you ever had your child between you while walking, each holding a hand? 1, 2, 3 ---whee and swing her forward? That is how it happens…or you could be helping them up a curb, or they could have a tantrum while holding your hand and suddenly drop to their knees. Usually, it is no big deal if the nursemaid thing happens. Once it happens, it is prone to repeat so the doc showed NC how to manipulate it if it happens again. She wouldn’t move her arm much, so daycare TD called NC and he took her to the doc. They took her arm, bent at the elbow 90 degrees and rotated her palm so it was facing up, like you are going to give her a five. It was fixed- for a night. IC nursed it all weekend; we called her spaghetti noodle arm. We weren’t quite sure if she was over exaggerating (IC has a flair for drama), but finally concluded it had popped back out. I even popped it back in on Sunday night, I even felt the pops as it went in. No luck. X-rays, referral to the bone doc, bright red cast (because red is IC and Mommy’s and daycare TD’s favorite color), three weeks of healing and she is also good as new. Surprisingly, she did really well in the cast. It didn’t seem to bother her and she adapted quickly. Bathing was a chore having to remind her constantly to keep her bread bagged arm out of the water.
![]() |
| Someone called her on the banana phone! |
![]() |
| IC and her cast |
NC has been working like a mad man. When his project is finished, I will link the site and you can see the end result. I don’t really know or understand what exactly he does, but this project is requiring a lot of him now. He is amazing though, he always comes home and stays until at least PC is asleep. The girls would really miss their Daddy time if he didn’t come home for a bit. Then he’ll usually go back and work until 11pm or midnight and repeat till the weekend. To add to the doc visits, NC came down with strep throat and was miserable. Lucky his mom was here helping out with PC’s surgery, she made him go to the doc. I don’t get strep so it never occurred and NC is a pain in the butt when it comes to going to the doc. He went willingly so it had to have been painful for him!
Due to all of this, our Halloween was shaken up a bit. I got IC and PC dressed and out for trick-or-treating, but we only go half of the decorations up and pumpkin carving happened AFTER! I will admit, I probably could have carved it with IC, but I do not enjoy it. NC does, so we waited. I am a little quirky when it comes to textures and things on my hands. Apparently, IC has the same affliction and refused to touch the guts, just like last year!
![]() |
| PC was an octopus (yes, it is IC's - I am cheap). IC was the Wicked Witch |
![]() |
| Look at those clean hands of IC's! |
Move on to November! Nice and warm! We went to the park and played!!!
![]() |
| PC LOVES this car. LOVES. |
My sister and her family came up last weekend for a few days before heading to our hometown for deer hunting. My hometown also played (and lost) in the state football championship for I think the first time ever. Plus, it was the last game played with our normal co-op schools. Next year they combine with a bigger school due to declining school enrollment. My cousin TB was in town supporting her school and then stayed the weekend. It was a fun weekend, I love when we all get together. IC loves her cousins so much she was bouncing from excitement all weekend.
![]() |
| Challenge: trying to get 2 babies to look at the camera at the same time. |
![]() |
| TB and the babies |
We booked our vacation to Disney World! We are going down in January to celebrate IC’s fourth birthday. I can’t wait to see her face. Grandma and Grandpa C are coming to add to the celebration and lend a few hands. They will be needed with my little energy ball PC on the move. I still work for the airlines part-time, but we actually bought tickets for this trip…on a different airline :)
IC continues to progress in piano. It is truly amazing how much she picks up. We have been going to Kindermusik most of her life and I can really see the influence that exposure has had on her. She can differentiate and tap different rhythms, play a song from her Suzuki training CD, recognize notes and music symbols and sometimes will show proper hand placement. Trying to get her to practice is tough, but if you just let her play, her rote memory will usually kick in and she’ll hit the correct keys. We are very proud of her.
PC. Well that little girl is a tornado of activity. NC was just saying she is repaying him for all the grief he caused his mom with his climbing. She will scale anything she can. I found her using their small chair to get on the big chairs. Then I find her on top of the step-stool. Stairs are her favorite. PC also likes to climb into IC’s bunk bed and grin. Oh, she has popped a tooth. Finally something for us to blame her sore butt on! She has started: Meowing, panting like a dog, roaring like a monster, patty-cake, blowing kisses, so big and still screeches. PC almost always is smiling, which makes being her Mommy really fun.
I guess that leaves me! I am adjusting to my new work schedule. I can’t tell you for certain if I like it other than the fact I don’t wake up at 3am anymore. I do miss being done at 11am though. But as far as the job goes – I am really enjoying it. All of my clients are so thankful for the help and it is nice to see them rebuilding their lives. My new co-workers are great too. We all know what a difference that makes. Some of the benefits are neat – I have tried many new foods and learned a couple of phrases in different languages.
![]() |
| She also loves this relay baton. |
![]() |
| And spaghetti. |
![]() |
| My friend WK made us girls matching tie-tyes! |














No comments:
Post a Comment