Here, just trying to keep our heads above water!
We usually don't operate at quite this level. NC and I have come to the conclusion that we have become so enmeshed with our nuclear family that we can't see the forest for the trees. Even reaching the level where I haven't been able to follow my blog roll properly and keep up on my peeps and/or talking to my sister on the phone everyday.
NC's project sucked the life out of him for a good month in November. He walked around a physical shell and came home only to recharge his mushy brain at night. Thankfully, he is over the major hump with the major launch. Take a look at the new website though. Pretty sharp! I think the web team did a great job, especially considering the size of the University. I know, some might scoff at the size, but considering that every click of a mouse on the site has to be worked into the new template, its a big project! Any feedback on the site is welcomed by him. Good, bad, helpful, he likes to hear it all.
In December, my office prepared and welcomed about 20 new people. Since I mostly deal with helping them with self-sufficiency after they have settled for a few months, I didn't feel too much stress with the arrivals. However, I do try to assist my co-workers with transporting, moving, etc, so I felt a little busy too. :D
PC - She passed the 1 year mark! Now we spend all of our time trying to keep her alive. If you try to use the restroom (alone) and you come out, you will find her in a number of places:
1. on the kitchen chairs - which we started to make sure to push them in, but she just pulls them back out and crawls up.
2. on top of the kitchen table reading (eating) our mail
3. digging in the plants
4. turning the TV off/on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off/on
5. taking all of my socks out of my drawers
6. screaming under a tipped over chair
7. wedged on a chair because she forgot to push it out before crawling up it
8. standing in her doll crib trying to reach for things
9. eating IC's crayons
10. depositing sweet potatoes, potatoes, onions, and anything else she pulls out of kitchen drawers all over the house. And once the little turd sees you coming, she smiles, pivots and runs away.
We are going to Disney World on Saturday. You can probably find a post and quote me saying I would never use a leash on my children. I bought one last week! I have to! She is a lunatic.
IC - 4 years ago at this moment I was in my 30th hour of labor, only 8 more until my IC turns 4!!!! The fun increases with each BD, we love the excitement and seeing her reactions from simple daily life, so the celebrations are no exception!
Oh yes, we also ordered a new computer. Ours is NC's college graduation computer from 2002. It has been a reliable beast and NC has added things here and there to keep it going, but it is limping along. It will be arriving shortly after we return from Florida and I am very excited! The current computer is also a reason for me neglecting the internet and this blog. My mind can't handle the slow speed so I just avoid the frustration all together.
Just wanted to check in with anyone that may still be reading! I have a ton of pics too I need to share.
7 comments:
Awesome! Great to hear from you, and I LOVE that picture!!! Have a blast at Disney World!
Great update! I hope you guys have an awesome time at Disney! Can't wait to see the pics.
Have tons of fun at Disneyworld! Can't wait to hear how much IC loved it! N was so in love with everything!
I'm here! The website looks awesome! Love your new pics - I'm guess they're Wendy's - she does such a great job! We had pictures today and I sent the gal the link to Wendy's site to show what I LIKED! :) Have a fabulous time in Disney World! We were JUST having a "leash" conversation -- about how disgusted I used to feel about them and how they seem SO NECESSARY now!! We haven't gotten one but if we were taking a big trip like that I would seriously be considering it!
haha little Piper is awesome :P I am so jealous that you are going to disney world. I might be 22 years old but going to disney world would be amazing! haha
/Johanna
Can't wait for pics...you know me, I LOVE the pics.
How was your trip to Florida? Did the girls have a blast? Mine loved it, even the baby, and can't wait to return. I did a brief recap of our trip on my blog, but I left a lot out.
Post a Comment