Sunday, December 20, 2009

Belly Shot


102209122, originally uploaded by Liza and Nathan.

I have had a couple of requests for a belly shot. Here it is, in its huge glory. Except this was in October and now its the end of December. Add on a couple of more pounds of baby and that is what my extra appendage looks like!

With IC, NC snapped a picture of me every week in the same spot, in the same clothes. I could make a flip book! We did not do that this time around, so when we had Shawna take our family pics in October (she assisted with our wedding pictures in 2004 and is now on her own) I made sure to have her get some belly shots.

I am 3 days from being induced! I am still holding out hope she'll want to arrive on her own time before then. I have never wanted to be induced and even my doctor isn't a fan of inducing, but with gestational diabetes, our (hers and mine) holiday schedule it seems the best thing. I was SURE that my second daughter would arrive in the same fashion as my first, but she has surprised me! I even tried to repeat the same things I did the week that IC was born. I got a pedicure, a massage, and a wax.

We did have a little scare on week 38 and thought that might be the day, but everything was fine. During my normal weekly non-stress test where they monitor the baby's heartbeats and my contractions, baby's heart rate has some de-cels, so they sent me over to the labor/delivery side to be monitored on those monitors. I spent the entire day hooked up (and bored) having her monitored. It was all good in the end and here we are waiting.....

NC has installed the carseat, I have washed and folded the newborn laundry and today we are "nesting". Cleaning, organizing and preparing for company and baby.

Yea for fresh baby! Now back to GSD (getting stuff done!).

1 comment:

The V Family said...

I love this picture! How great! I didn't even think to do anything like that this last time around. I got a lot lamer I guess. I'm so bummed you guys don't live here anymore. I think Izz and Nizz would have a blast together and I always, like you, like fresh baby! Good luck! Can't wait to see pics. I will hope she comes on her own!