Wednesday, September 08, 2010

August- Weekend 2


We spent the next weekend in Icelandic State Park, near the Canada border.  It was our first cooler weather camping, which was actually kinda nice.  We did miss going to the beach in our swimsuits, but NC and IC played in the sand for awhile.  PC got to try out the backpack carrier on our little hike.


Daycare was closed the following week for vacation.  I traded away my shifts and work and found I had over a week off!  Us girls decided to visit the K family in Iowa.  Since we had been camping and more camping planned, I really didn't feel like driving the 6 hours.  Especially with Miss PC.  Our road trips are becoming more and more strategically planned around nap/bed times.  I assume she gets quite bored of looking at a gray headrest the entire road trips so she hoots and hollars if she has to be strapped in and not entertained.  The day we forward face in the car is a joyous one.  So we decided to fly!  PC's first plane ride.  I needed a couple of days to mentally prepare for airline travel with 2 small children ALONE.  My worries were unfounded--both girls did amazing.  IC is always up for adventure and loves to see and do new things so I didn't worry too much about her.  Plus, fruit snacks and new coloring books always thwart off any fussing.  :)  PC either slept or was happy perusing the latest SkyMall with me.  
PC's first plane ride
Uncle CK decided to take the girls fishing.  RK fishes quite a bit with her dad, but this was IC's first time.  They even caught a fish!
Miss M
First day of SECOND GRADE!  Ummm...when did that happen?  Anyone else remember her yesterday being a baby?

1 comment:

The Kitzmans said...

Just so you know RK started THIRD grade. Not second...