Monday, March 05, 2012

Ok - Let us back up....June 2011: County Fair, World Refugee Day, this & that

This is more for me!


World Refugee Day 2011 - Grand Forks, ND
I worked with an awesome group of people that truly embody compassion, empathy, and just enough "kick in the butt" to help our clients on their way to self sufficiency.  I presented awards to Employer of the Year and one of the families recognized for being awesome, pretty much.  These are my 2 co-workers and our favorite police woman Katie.  
LC and Mayor Brown
Don't I look TALL?!  The one in purple speaks Arabic - I learned only a few phrases since I didn't have many Arabic speaking clients.  During my time working for this organization, most of my clients came from Bhutan and spoke Nepali.  I learned a bit - if you dropped me in Nepal I could probably get myself fed.  

IC at the Farm with her loves - the kitties.  She wants to be an animal doctor.  

This picture makes me ask a few questions: 1.) Why are you sitting on the counter?  2.) Why are naked and 3.) What is that writing all over your body?  But then you remember this is PC and everything in this picture makes PERFECT sense.  

Yep, just like this one.  Perfect sense, its PC.

This is my beautiful goddaughter, GH.  I love her so.  We got to watch GH and WH one morning. IC had part of a shower curtain left over from a project at her art camp so we thought we'd like them have at it.  When you run our of canvas - move onto the body.  

Monkey see, Monkey do

One of our favorite weekends in June is the County Fair.  Mostly because of the "candy truck" above.  This year there was  a guest thrower - cousin RK from Iowa! 

Couple of redheads!  My smootchy pants, MK, and my momma.

IC and RK - seeing these two on this ride was a shock.  They both are wusses.  Once they were talked into riding it they found out something - it was FUN!

PC loved the animal barns and particularly this horse.  I don't think he minded her.  About 5 minutes after this picture there was a hail storm, a bad one.  We were in the barn, which was good, but it has a tin roof, which was bad.  It sounded like we were under attack.  My car definitely was!  About 5,000 bucks worth  :(  

TB with one of her blue ribbons from the 4-H barn.  I made her pose with all of her entries and she loved it.  Really.  

15 years old and about 5'7".  21 years old and 5' nothing.  

PC playing the mud.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

and I smile...