Saturday, July 31, 2010

July 2010

Here we go again!  



Let me talk about PC for a minute.  This is her month!  Everything I had hoped for was thrown out the window this month.  In an effort to keep her my baby forever, I didn't push her to do things like I did IC.  Push probably isn't the best word, maybe encourage would be a better fit.  But it isn't like I don't encourage PC either....ok anyway.  I wanted to let PC just find her way on her own and just be there to catch her when she falls, but PC is definitely a mover and a shaker!  July marked the completion of her 6th month and she began crawling just before she hit seven months.  Now, a week into her 7th month she is pulling up unassisted and standing.  Today I caught her on the first step almost onto the second.  I was quite contented to let her be a little UNMOVING blob of cuteness for a few more months!  Now we are scrambling to attach baby gates, train IC to keep her little toys downstairs, plug outlets, block plants and try to remember what else to do with a curious baby on the loose.  Poor PC is trying to kick her second ear infection.  We just finished with the 10 days of antibiotic and she seemed ok for about a week, but she has started tugging on her ear again this week.  :(  Other than her ears, she is a healthy girl!  When they weighed her at the six month visit she was only in the 40th percentile.  Looking at her (chubby, chubby), I was thinking 75th.  I asked the doc why she looks so chubby and she laughed and told me "Well, her height is only in the 25th percentile, so she is short...making her look chubbier!".  Just like her momma, short and squat :)  It looks much cuter on a baby tho!!!!

BEEP BEEP!  I got keys to a JEEP!
 IC has been a busy girl this month too.  We enrolled her in swimming lessons at the YMCA.  She was a Tadpole and did a great job listening and trusting her teacher.  She will enter the water herself and will float around with her noodle without freaking out--huge progress.  We still need to work on bobbing underwater.  She hates to get her face wet.  We just wanted to get her fear of water under control and 2 weeks at the Y did that.   I know its not a big surprise, but IC is so tan!  I am usually good at getting the first application on the kids, but remembering to re-apply is tough for me. 
IC and her noodle!
In addition to swimming lessons, IC attended a series of music camps at the music academy where her Kindermusik classes are held.  This month was "Noodles from Scratch".  They read a book, sing some songs and actually made their own noodles!  
Chef IC


Finished!  All the chef's prepared the noodles and set the table for us to enjoy!

My cousin TB came and spent a week with us.  We loved having her!  She was great with the girls and it was fun to listen to the dialogue of a teenager.  She has a great eye for photography- I hope that skill develops further.  You can never know enough good photographers ;)  IC grew very fond of TB in that week.  We had a ton of fun- we went camping, shopping, I made TB go to Eclipse with me, swimming and lots of playing.  
Larimore Dam
Pretty Girls!
Tree climbing
IC loved that little frog!
SMORES!  TB looooves chocolate.  She would use a ENTIRE Hershey's on one smore!  Not only that, but the marshmallows were those GIANT ones.  We had fun watching her eat that thing.
Never wake sleeping children :)
Swimming at my friend BK's!
IC and TB

Last weekend, my brother was in GFK for a wedding.  It worked out nicely that he could take my car and pick up my niece RK to visit ND for a week!  We got to spend a fun weekend with my them, my mom and step-dad.  None of us can get enough of RK.  She is a hoot.  Anyone who has been in her company will agree and she continues to get funnier with age.  Her brain is very large (as in holds lots of information, like an encyclopedia!), which we knew, but it was just affirmed by a doctor who tested her.  She is going into 3rd grade, but does math at a 5th grade level, reads at a 6th grade level and comprehends at an 8th grade level.  Hmmmm....now what do you do with a kid that is smarter than you or will be very shortly?!  It is a serious question!  When you talk to her, she speaks with very mature words, but still talks about kid things.  It is very odd and we found ourselves saying "Did she just say that?".    RK has always been a breath of fresh air with her witty outbursts.
IC and RK


Unfortunately, we didn't get much camping in this month.  We had other family things going on or weddings.  It is on for August though!  I think we are on the move every weekend.  


Not that I want summer to end, but I am looking forward to the less busy so we can maybe get moving on our house.  It would sure be nice to have a bathroom, and a finished kitchen, and some paint on the walls, and some boxes unpacked...................


Until next month!





1 comment:

The V Family said...

Too cute! I do love me some chubby baby thighs!