Saturday, July 03, 2010

June 2010

We are loving this summer so far!  We have taken the camper out every weekend this month and are getting to the point where we are feeling comfortable in it and things are finding homes inside.  Still quite a bit of organizing to do, but it is our second home now :)

Camping locally two weeks in a row, the big highlight of our month was our road trip to Rapid City, SD to meet up with my sister and family.  The stars aligned and Nathan was able to swing time away from his project at work.  I don't know if we will make that long drive again for a short weekend, but we had a ton of fun nonetheless.   It is a beautiful area and there was so much to see, we couldn't fit it all in.  I guess we'll have to visit again.

Here we go!

Wall Drug



Mount Rushmore


 Bear Country, USA


Reptile Gardens
IC was espcially fond of Tank the 60+ year old giant tortoise.  We spent the longest amount of time with them.  

1880 Train
 

 Wind Cave and Needles Highway
 Can you see NC?

Cosmos Mystery Area
My mind still hurts thinking about this strange area.  NC tells me it is all perspective and vertigo- I have never felt so off balance in my life. 

Getting gas
Stopping to get gas, we parked next to a horse trailer.  The kind ladies that owned the horses asked IC if she'd like to pet them.  Didn't have to ask twice!  She has stated to me a few time now that she wants to be an animal nurse when she grows up so she can take care of animals.   
 

We've got a sitter upper!  PC is getting less wobbly every day.  This last week she has started to get up on her hands and knees rock back and forth...crawling is coming too soon!  We started her on cereal and she is starting to get the hang of it and even might like it.  I don't remember IC having such an adverse reaction, but PC wasn't really diggin' the cereal at first.  TD at daycare laughed and said "She SHUDDERS!".  I said yes, like she took a terrible strong shot of whiskey.  
 
IC is sponging in new things everyday.  She knows all of the colors and she can identify most of the uppercase letters from the flashcards she made in music camp.  She is really awesome at writing her name, well....at least getting all of the required letters, maybe not in the correct order sometimes.  She is ahead of me, I used to write right to left and backwards (explains alot, huh?).  I said I was going to keep her out of activities for the summer, but I think we'll try some swimming lessons.  She is a big wuss when it comes to water!

More of our month:
IC at her 3rd parade and PC at her 1st

Until next month.....
but maybe sooner!  

 

No comments: